Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

The Extended Health Care Plan/Group number plan number varies:

  • PS/GE SGEU ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168851
  • CUPE 600-3 or 600-5 ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168852
  • Out-of-Scope (Management) ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168854
  • Your ID number will be located on your 3-in-1 drug card.

Send your EHCP health claims to:


The Canada Life Assurance Company

Attn: Regina Benefit Payment Office

PO Box 4408

Regina SK S4P 3W7

To find out if your health claims have been processed, you can call Canada Life directly:

Toll Free No: 1-800-957-9777

Any child or step-child is covered under the EHCP to age 21.

Children are also covered to age 26 if attending university or college full-time.

To find out if your spouse and children are enrolled in the Retiree EHCP, contact:


Canada Life National Accounts Enrolment - D102

Telephone: 1-800-957-9777

Collect: 204-946-8094


GWL will be able to confirm your dependents; your type of coverage and the effective date of your coverage.

A detailed listing of eligible expenses under the EHCP is found in the EHCP booklet on the website.

View Publications.

Yes there is travel coverage under the EHCP. The coverage is found under - Extended Health Care Travel Benefits & 24-Hour Travel Assistance Services. See details in the plan booklets.

View Publications.